Here are some resources I’ve collected so far that can propel you forward on the path of doing the opposite.
- “The War of Art” by Steven Pressfield
- “The 4-Hour Workweek” by Timothy Ferriss
- “The Slight Edge” by Jeff Olson
- “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The Magic Of Thinking Big” David Schwartz
- “Psycho-Cybernetics” by Maxwell Maltz, MD
- “The Flinch” by Julien Smith
- “The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph” by Ryan Holiday
- “Letters from a Stoic” by Seneca
- “Anything You Want” by Derek Sivers
Here are some quotes to illustrate the importance of walking your own path.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost, “The Road Not Taken”
All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it’s impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively.
Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strengths to suffer.
Niccolò Machiavelli, “The Prince”
Every wall is a door.
Ralph Waldo Emerson